Friday, November 27, 2009

14 Bike
















A fixed gear hipster dream- 14 Bike in Spitalfiends, London town. I found out about this place via the unlikely source of competitivecyclist's whats-new. For all the misgivings of fakenger's trying to make getting run over by taxi's becasue you haven't got any brakes on cool, I think the whole fixie craze does seem to have had a knock on effect on the rest of the bike industry to start paying more attention to colour, matching components and a rediscovery of steel as a frame building material. Variety is the spice of life, so that's a good thing.

Personally I bought my fixed Harry Quinn before it became 'cool' as a way of getting into track racing and now I ride a fixed gear (with a brake) around town because it's a low maintenance solution that also happens to be a beautiful ride. Whatever, this looks like a great shop to visit and the blog isn't bad either:-
http://14bikeco.wordpress.com/