Monday, October 26, 2009

Harry's Head





















Harry's headtube has some very nice Chinese charcters that are the signature of Louis Lui, who sorted the re-spray for me. They mean something along the lines of 'may the good luck be with you'. I may also need some luck as I piece together the final elements of the build- some nice CX levers for the front brake and a new B/B still required.

Edit: I figured I should give a few more clues on this bike, given it is linked as one of 'My Bikes'. Truth is I always intended to do a nice gallery of Harry fully built fully restored. However, soon after getting Harry back from his re-spray he was sent overseas to live in a shed in deepest Gloucestershire, a victim of Hong Kong space requirements / Mrs. BnB. So, until that time comes, and it could be some time (...) I'll have to make do with a rather sketchy Glasgow sofa pic. taken circa 2004 soon after purchase for a measerly £200 in the days when classic 80's track bikes could still be bought cheap. And yea, a few marginally less sketchy shots from Happy Valley pre-eviction.



































No comments :

Post a Comment