Tuesday, January 29, 2013

XCR: Black Beauty





Thanks to Sander for these awesome factory shots of my re-sprayed Colossi XCR- looking good! To cut a long story short, I had a travel accident around a year ago that resulted in a dented top tube, and being a little tired of polishing the lovely brass fillet welds I decided to go for a new paint job that concealed these welds at the same time as replacing the damaged top tube (behold the repairability of steel!).

Having seen Sander's raw on brushed XCR decals, I went for a similar idea, but set within a brushed band on the downtube, highlighted with red stripes and set within a gloss black .















This is the drawing I sent the factory- a pretty good match I think! p.s., yes I did ask for the red bands on my forks... Looking forward to the return of my new black beauty!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/colossi/sets/72157632634804155/with/8426285802/

No comments :

Post a Comment